Non-EU nationals must apply for a residency permit to stay in Italy for a period exceeding 3 months. If it is your first time living in Italy, you will have 8 days to apply for a residency permit.
When students go to the Italian post office to ask for a residency permit, they will be required to bring specific documents:
- a valid passport or any other equivalent document bearing an entry visa, if required;
- a photocopy of each page of your passport;
- a copy of the admission letter to the Master Programme;
- a € 16.00 electronic revenue stamp;
- a written document that certifies that you are living in Italy*;
- a copy of your medical insurance**;
- a copy of any other document supporting your request for the type of residency permit you are applying for.
* This document is provided by CampusX or by your landlord.
** Before your arrival, you have to make sure to subscribe a medical insurance valid for Italy for the entire period of your studies in Rome (end of February - beginning of July).
The cost of the application fee for the residency permit amounts to €118.00 (€102.00 for the residency permit + €16.00 for the electronic revenue stamp). Payment may ONLY be made in CASH.
At the post office, non-EU students are required to schedule an appointment with the immigration office. Please note that when students will go to the immigration office to obtain their residency permit they must also bring 4 recent and identical passport-size photos with a white background and a copy of every document listed above.
The application process requires time and patience; the Master Secretariat will be ready to help you!